Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are designed to make working with us as easy and straightforward as possible. There is some legal terminology due to the nature of the document. Please get in contact if you have any queries.
By commissioning Bright Words, you acknowledge that you:
- have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions
- agree to pay the fees, as set out in your emails with the Copywriter at Bright Words
- are authorising the Copywriter to start work on the project outlined in the brief (for you or on behalf of your company).
Fees are agreed on a price-per-project basis, unless otherwise specified. This fee is based on the information and brief you have supplied.
- We reserve the right to amend this fee if your requirements change.
- A 25% deposit is requested. For projects lasting several months, staged payments will be required.
- We will charge for reasonable travel and incidental expenses where necessary to provide the agreed Services.
- Payment must be made within 14 days of the date shown on the invoice following completion of the work.
Timescale and deadlines
We will agree timescales for completion with you before the project starts.
Once the first draft has been supplied, please provide any amendments and comments within 14 days. Generally, all projects are completed within 30 days, but this is dependent on regular communication, input and feedback from you.
Three drafts are included in the project fee. Additional amendments and revisions are charged at at cost of £35.00 per hour.
If we are unable to meet the agreed deadlines due to extenuating circumstances beyond her control (e.g. serious illness), Bright Words will not be liable for any loss or damages because of any delay to the Project. In this unlikely event, we will inform you about any delays as early as possible.
Client satisfaction is very important to us and we always aim to meet the highest editorial standards. However, full responsibility for all published materials remains with you, as the Client.
As the Client, you are responsible for obtaining all the necessary rights and consents required for reproduction of the Materials, whether in relation to the use of names, people, trademarks, copyright or otherwise, and for the accuracy of any information provided. You agree to indemnify Bright Words against any related claims for loss, compensation or damages (whether material, financial, commercial, reputational or otherwise) incurred due to publication of the Materials.
We retain copyright of any Materials supplied until full payment has been made, at which time the copyright is automatically assigned to you. We reserve the right to use excerpts of the Project on www.brightwords.co.uk and in written advertising.
In the event of any dispute arising under this agreement, you agree to try and resolve any disagreements with the Copywriter in good faith before starting any legal proceedings.
You understand that this contract is governed by the laws of England and Wales and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
In this agreement:
- we’, ‘us’, ‘the Copywriter’ and ‘Bright Words’ is Karen Bright, trading as Bright Words Limited, Windover House, St Ann Street, Salisbury, SP1 2DR (company number: I0901745).
- The ‘Client’ and ‘you’ means [client name and business].
- The Project means the services to be provided by the Copywriter to the Client.
- Materials means the documents created by Bright Words in relation to the Project.
- Services means the service provided to you by the Copywriter.